Medicinal properties and use of fir oil, contraindications
Fir oil is used as a component in the treatment of various diseases. In everyday life, it is also an excellent assistant in the fight against insects and air purification in the room, as well as one of the necessary elements in the bath. But, using this useful product, it is worth remembering about people who may be allergic to it.
Useful and healing properties of fir oil
This coniferous product is widely used in the fight against various diseases. It is used both internally and externally, when fumigating the room in which patients are located, it is used in cosmetology and massage.
- Most often, this medicine is used for:
- strengthening immunity;
- smoothing wrinkles on the skin;
- cleaning and tonic effect of the skin;
- struggle with puffiness;
- cleansing the body of harmful microbes;
- anti-aging processes;
- expectoration with cough and colds;
- pain relief
- fight against inflammatory, viral and septic processes.
In the cosmetics industry, this drug is used for disinfection. Essential oil based on fir needles perfectly fights against problems such as acne and other inflammations on the skin. It is added to the water for everyday washing and is used as a component for various kinds of masks. Essential oil is traditionally used in the treatment of lung diseases. It is added to inhalation to facilitate the respiratory process and expectoration.To enhance immunity, this product is taken orally. In addition, it is not necessary to buy it at a pharmacy. A person can himself process the needles or young branches of the plant, chopping them and combining them with vegetable oil, and take a similar remedy, drinking decoctions based on it several times a day. The healing properties of the product in question help treat open wounds, skin ulcers and eczema.
Did you know? PikhtovoA tree can propagate by layering: if one of the lower branches is pressed down with a stone, it will take root and soon form a new plant. Biologists gave the name to this phenomenon. — fir elfin.
An ointment with a fir component added to it helps with radiculitis and polyarthritis. This natural medicinal product is also used for problems with the oral cavity. Due to its disinfecting properties, it helps with stomatitis in children, toothaches, periodontal disease and other problems with gums in adults. Fir product is used in aromatherapy, in saunas and even added when taking regular baths. This will help calm the nerves, boost immunity and improve metabolism.
Medical representatives advise using fir oil to fumigate the room in which the child is. Due to the composition of this product, in which volatile plants prevail, the children's room is disinfected.
Important! You can not use this tool for children under 1 year. Due to the complex composition of the oil, the probability of an allergic effect is high.
In pediatrics, a fir component is used to treat:
- runny nose;
- nervous breakdown.
With a cold in a child, the product is diluted with vegetable oil or water in a ratio of 1 to 3. It constricts blood vessels, affects the swelling of the mucous membrane and facilitates breathing through the nose. It should be treated with this liquid for 7-10 days, until complete recovery. It will also be useful to lubricate the inside of the nose with a cotton swab, which you need to dip in the mixture. Coughing children make inhalations. A few drops of the ether component are diluted in solutions with various herbs.You need to take such procedures several times a day, but before that, you should consult a doctor. If the child is anxious and easily agitated from a variety of irritants, baths with a small amount of fir ingredient or a massage of the lower legs with essential oil can help him calm down before he goes to bed.
Is it possible during pregnancy
During pregnancy, the described product can be used to combat stretch marks, irritations or skin abscesses. But it should be noted that pregnant women should use it very carefully: for example, when taking a bath in water, only 4-5 drops of oil are diluted. It also helps with dental problems that often occur in women in position. Tooth enamel becomes more susceptible and deteriorates faster, and anesthesia is contraindicated for future mothers.
Important! Doctors do not recommend the use of medicines containing fir components in the 1st and 3rd trimester of pregnancy, since during these periods the woman’s body is most susceptible to allergic reactions.
The fir product in such situations alleviates pain and relieves gum swelling. Another ailment that pregnant women suffer is hemorrhoids. Cotton swabs moistened with fir-based balm relieve pain in this situation. In addition, the oil can be used for inhalation for colds and simply as an air freshener, in order to prevent and increase the immunity of a pregnant woman.
Application in traditional medicine
In folk medicine, there are a large number of recipes associated with the described product.
Indications of this drug:
- Pneumonia, bronchitis, pneumonia.
- ARI, flu and tonsillitis.
- Children's diathesis.
- Open wounds and skin inflammations.
- Carbuncles and boils.
- Inflammation or fracture of the joints.
- Sciatica, myositis and sciatica.
- Angina pectoris.
- Problems with the prostate gland.
- Burns of varying severity.
Can I take orally
For diseases of the gums, teeth, or periodontal disease, it will be useful to apply a swab moistened with a diluted solution of fir ether several times a day. Such an action will relieve the swelling and relieve pain. In addition, the oil will show its disinfecting properties, destroying pathogenic microbes.
In addition to the use of this product in cosmetology, it is often used as an additive in various healing balms and ointments. Fir-based oil is included in compounds that are used to combat boils, boils, and skin inflammations. Such compounds are made even at home and are widely used by many people with similar problems.
For problems with hemorrhoids, medicines based on fir ether help relieve inflammation, remove itching and pain.
Important! Do not forget that the body of each person is different, and you can use this drug only after consulting with your doctor.
According to medical instructions and recommendations, oil for hemorrhoids is used:
- for massage;
- as one of the components of rectal suppositories;
- in the manufacture of ointments;
- as a solution for an enema;
- for lotions or compresses.
In folk medicine, fir oil is often recommended for the treatment of herpes: it should be applied to the affected area of the skin several times a day, and always before bedtime. But it is better to dilute the pure product with a small amount of water, at least 1 to 2, as there is a risk of burns.
Burns and any open wounds are treated with fir-based ointments. The main thing is to dilute it with some kind of fat base. Such a healing agent removes the tumor and suppuration, accelerating the healing process.
For people with oncology, the product in question is useful for its soothing and disinfecting properties. Fir solution is added to the baths and sprayed in rooms where a person affected by cancer is located. It produces a calming effect, making the patient’s sleep more deep and calm.
Did you know? Fir differs from other conifers in that its cones grow strictly in a vertical position relative to the earth's surface.
From nail fungus
Mixtures and solutions to combat fungus affecting nails and feet are often made based on the described product. To do this, you can stir in equal proportions of fir and olive oil. The resulting compound should be applied 2-3 times a day to a sore spot.
With inflammation of the trigeminal nerve
Using fir oil, inflammation of the trigeminal facial nerve can be removed. To do this, a solution of oil and boiled water is made in a ratio of 1 to 2 and rubbed into the skin in an inflamed place from 3 to 5 times a day.
Video: how to use fir oil
Application in cosmetology
This coniferous ingredient is widely used for cosmetic purposes. It has long been appreciated by cosmetologists and dermatologists because of its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Providing a disinfecting effect on problem areas of the skin, a fir product improves the general condition of the nail plates and hairline. In some cases, an anti-aging effect is added to this.
Fir oil is used:
- When moisturizing the skin. It normalizes the water-lipid balance, cleans pores, and fights wrinkles and spider veins.
- As one of the inhibitory ingredients in the fight against withering of the skin.
- In compounds used for acne.
- With an excessive amount of age spots and freckles, as it has a whitening effect.
- In antibacterial and anti-inflammatory ointments. Regulates the secretion of sebaceous glands and deodorizes the skin as a whole.
- With brittle nail plate.
- To strengthen the hair roots. It relieves them of brittleness and adds shine.
How to make a mask
There are many masks with the addition of fir ingredient.
The following are the most common ones:
- Hair loss prevention. 7 drops of fir oil, 30 ml of walnut oil and 10 g of shabby horseradish root are combined. The resulting mixture is rubbed into the scalp until a slight burning once a day.
- Hair Growth and Strengthening. You need to mix 8 drops of fir oil, 30 g of any dairy product (sour cream, kefir, fermented baked milk), 5 g of red pepper, 20 ml of light beer. The mixture should be applied with a brush to the hair along the entire length and not washed off for about 30-40 minutes.
- Hair shine. Mix 40 ml of wine (pink or white), 5-6 drops of fir oil and 1 ampoule with pyridoxine. The mask is applied to well-washed hair and does not wash off for 1 hour.
- Dry Hair. You need to mix 3 drops of pine oil, 8-12 g of dried kelp, a teaspoon of mashed avocado. The mixture is applied to dry strands, after which the head is wrapped in some material to retain heat. Wash off the mask after 90 minutes.
- From oily hair. Take 5 drops of fir product, 20 g of flour, 25 ml of bread kvass. The roots are processed, everything is washed off after half an hour.
- For dandruff. 4 drops of fir oil, 10 g of salt, 15 g of sugar, 3 tbsp. tablespoons of sour cream are mixed and applied to the hair from roots to ends. Wash off after 40-50 minutes.
- To nourish the hairline. 6 drops of fir product, 5 yolks, 40 ml of sour cream are combined. It is applied to wet hair, washed off after 1 hour.
- For volume. 7 drops of fir oil, 10 g of mustard powder, 30 g of curd are mixed and applied to the roots. All must be washed off after 20 minutes.
Fir oil can not only benefit, but also cause harm.
- He has a number of contraindications - it can not be used by people:
- with diseases of the stomach (with gastritis and ulcers);
- with renal failure;
- with increased allergic irritability.
- Also, medicines with this ingredient are contraindicated in children:
- with epilepsy;
- with lesions of the central system of nerves;
- with repeated systematic convulsions (for various reasons).
To check whether a person has an allergic reaction to this component or not is easy - just drop a small amount of it onto the skin (hands or palms of the hands). If a strong redness appears in a minute, then the use of a fir product is contraindicated.
Application against fleas and mosquitoes in the apartment
The aroma that gives off coniferous balm is very pleasant for a person. It has a calming and relaxing effect, and mosquitoes and similar insects, on the contrary, do not like him very much. These small pests find warm-blooded by smell. If any mixture based on fir is applied to human skin, the insects will not like it.You can also prepare an aerosol at home and drive mosquitoes away from your home. It is enough to take 100 ml of vodka, stir with 1 liter of water and 20 drops of fir oil. The compound is transferred to the atomizer and sprayed around the apartment. They can also handle outerwear before walking in the woods or near a reservoir.
How to use essential oil in a bath
This ingredient is very popular with bath lovers. 5-6 drops of ether are dripped into a tub of water, which is then poured onto bath stones. In addition to the aromatic effect, the inhalation of such a vapor is used to prevent respiratory diseases. Aerosols with fir oil often hang in dressing rooms, saturating the air with useful substances.
Fir oil is very popular: it is used for preventive purposes, used in cosmetology and in the fight against various diseases. The main thing is that a person who decides to use one of the methods of treatment with this natural drug should not have an increased allergic sensitivity.